Skryker's World

Please keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times, don't forget to sign the release form, and remember-no refunds!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

An hour and counting.

My work-week ends in an hour. Woo hoo! Then it's home to spend a shared week-end with Bear. *sigh of contentment* Even better, I'm off the hook for making dinner tonight, as Bear has volunteered to do so. Somedays, I'm incredibly spoiled and all that sulking seems pretty self-indulgent.

On the other hand, I have to test my blood sugar at least twice a day now, as I'm a type II diabetic. That's not good news at all. (Especially for a needle-phobe.) No injections, at least, but I hate adding more health issues to the large pile I already have. Related health issues-the polycystic ovary disease put me at high risk for developing diabetes, but I still dislike feeling like my body is breaking down and giving up on me.

To amuse myself I've been terrorizing the house with blood tests. :D Well, trying to. Bear accepted it with good grace as well as a certain amount of curiosity on his part. The kid and her girlfriend? No luck there. They don't want anything to do with being poked. Teenagers! Left to their own devices they'll draw on themselves or scratch themselves with pins and stuff but no way in hell can I get near them with a nice, sterile lancet. Go figure.

I figure that if it makes me feel a little better to play mad scientist, they should play along. Nope. Uhn-uh. Not going to happen. Ever.

So I will have to content myself with being the only household pin cushion. I suppose it could be worse. Actually, it could be a lot worse.

2 comments:

prin said...

lol! You're crazy. Stay away from me with your needles. :D

Daszzle said...

Sorry to hear about your diabetes hon. Type II runs in my family as well and as I'm overweight I've been making a last committed weight loss attempt to avoid it at all costs. I too am a needle phobe.

P.S. My mom always tried to stab me with that little finger prick thing as well. As much as I was afraid of the needle I was more afraid of what the machine might say. Maybe the kids are too. Who knows?

Take care