Skryker's World

Please keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times, don't forget to sign the release form, and remember-no refunds!

Friday, June 27, 2008

Time flies

...and it's not because I've been having fun!

Struggling with more health stuff plus parenting nightmares. No one needs to hear my whining about those things, so blogging has been pushed aside a bit.

One good thing with dietary changes since learning I'm diabetic-I'm no longer a sugar junkie. In fact, when I get hold of something very sweet, I end up feeling kind of sick after eating it. So the carb/sugar habit can be broken-it just takes some effort to do so.



In my quest for new experiences, I just ran smack into the sugar overload thing-I tried a bubble tea this morning. Interesting idea, I guess. It's kind of a super-creamy iced tea with tapioca pearls in it. I'm still not entirely sure if I like it or not. What I do know is that it's far too sweet for me now. After less than a quarter of it, I had to stop. Too much! Can't say I'd recommend it. I think it might be one of those things that you either love or you hate.

I'm also sure that if it were not from a mix it would be better, but that's true of so many things. Although I'm not sure I'd like milky fruit tea well chilled with tapioca in it any better if it weren't from a mix. :)

New experience: -1
Skryker: bellyache

I hope my next new thing is better.

3 comments:

Sweet T said...

Awwww diabetes :( That sucks. Hugs to you for all your health and family troubles.

prin said...

What the hey is tapioca? I think it's something you either know or just will never know. (I'm in the latter category..)

I should do that- the sugar habit breaking thing. It's a bad habit. :(

Whine away. That's what blogs are for. :D

Skryker said...

Tapioca is a grain that gets really round and kinda jelly-like when it soaks up liquid.

Usually you get it in pudding form, with a custard. Or the starch is added to things to thicken them.

That was the only part of the bubble tea I kind of liked, lol!