Skryker's World

Please keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times, don't forget to sign the release form, and remember-no refunds!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A list

A list of things I've found tucked into books traded in:

  • bookmarks-from this store and others, as well as purchased book marks
  • pictures-sad, because I normally can't get them back to whoever.
  • bus transfers
  • bus or train or airplane ticket stubs
  • grocery lists
  • receipts
  • scraps of paper with phone numbers on them
  • a ticket stub for a hockey game (Islanders vs Canadiens March 28 2006-season ticket, too!)
  • a tourist map for County Limerick, Ireland
  • business cards
  • old lottery tickets
  • fortunes from fortune cookies
  • string
  • elastics
  • yarn
Weird stuff.

7 comments:

prin said...

Were the lotto tickets winners?! YESS!!!!

No money?

Skryker said...

No, no money yet. :) I keep hoping!
And the tickets have been too old to be any good.

I did play the lucky numbers from the first fortune I found in a book and won 10 dollars, though.

Technodoll said...

At least there were no used condom wrappers :-D

Skryker said...

Or condoms, still in the wrapper. Not yet, anyhow.

I hope I never find one, either. The ick factor is too high.

Trippincherri said...

How fun, it must be like treasure hunting every time someone brings in a box hehe.
I love used book stores....we don't have one where I live maybe I should open one.
Is it very profitable?

prin said...

Btw, County Cork is better. :P

:D

Skryker said...

trippin'-not as profitable as I'd like, but I have competition here, too. I love it.

Prin-I'll have to take your word for it. :)