Skryker's World

Please keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times, don't forget to sign the release form, and remember-no refunds!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February blahs

Yep, I got 'em.

Every year, really. By the time February rolls around, I'm ready to become a bear and curl up in a cave until spring. Pass me that blanket, will ya?

This year, of course, I delayed the onset of the blahs by getting married. I don't think that that's going to work every year, somehow. Especially since that is a one-time deal for me. I'm married, and that's it.

So I'm dragging my ass around lately. Tired all the time, gloomy and irritable...bah! Not much of a honeymoon.

It does reinforce how well Bear knows me, though. I've been apologizing so much for being blech, and when at first I was saying I didn't know what the heck was wrong, he just looked at me and said "It's February.".

Pause.

Yeah, that two word sentence completely sums it up. Or, in his expanded version, "February always sucks ass for you." And it does. I tend to have a migraine pretty much constantly because of the abrupt weather shifts, I'm tired and grumpy, jittery, and miserable and the weather is grim. But my wonderful husband was way ahead of me and expected this. He just quietly started doing stuff to make things easier for me and is around for hugs and reassurances when I need them.

I can live through this. There's no real reason for it because my life is good. It's temporary. I guess that makes it easier to bear?

Ah, hell! Pass me another blanket and wake me up when Spring gets here, OK?

3 comments:

Technodoll said...

Not coincidence that most suicides happen in Feb... it's a brutal month, even if it is "short"!

Supposed to get lots of sunshine this weekend, even if it's super cold - the light helps.

Every day we gain about 2 minutes of daylight - w00t!

prin said...

Yey for February! lol

I think this post had the highest number of "bears" in it. :D

(hugs)

Skryker said...

lol, that is a lot of bears. Different kinds, though.