Skryker's World

Please keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times, don't forget to sign the release form, and remember-no refunds!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Miss Bronwyn's bad weekend.

My little girl had a terrible weekend, partly my fault and partly because of her labrador desire to eat anything that seems vaguely like food.

We had nachos on Friday night and it was the undoing of both Bronny and I. She, of course, managed to get into an unguarded plate and scarf down a large amount of nachos with jalapeno peppers on them. Not to mention sour cream and guacamole, beans and onions. Not really a good set of things for a dog stomach, is it?

Anyhow, I thought she'd be OK because she didn't hang onto that food very long.

Prin, skip over this next part, OK? You don't want to read it. Really. Go on to the next paragraph. Saturday morning, I wasn't feeling well myself and had to call the kid to come over to the store so I could go home and take some Gravol. Too late, unfortunately. And the dogs got between me and the bathroom door so that I couldn't get around them fast enough....I threw up on (yes, ON!) poor Bronwyn. I felt sooooo bad! I had to spend some more time in the bathroom before I could try and clean her up, too. :( Awful! She looked so mortified and she wouldn't come over to me when I called her, either. I don't blame her for that. I got a rescue from my daughter's girlfriend, who came in and cleaned up Bronny for me. I still feel so bad that that happened.

For the rest of the silly dog's bad weekend, well, you can imagine what the nachos did for her stomach and the rest. You know when you eat really spicy food what it can do to your rear end? Yeah. That's what she had. I wasn't sure at first, and was panicking. She was yelping every time she sat down. So I checked her out-no tenderness in the belly, no signs of bloat, she didn't have any problems letting my run my hands over her, no-ahem!- signs of it being anal glands (and wasn't that fun to check out!). She's fine now after having a tender rear all weekend and some ferocious gas.

The poor girl had spice bum. Otherwise known as "the ring of fire". I'd like to think that that will teach her not to eat nachos but I know better. The goat-dog will continue to eat first, think later. Sheesh! Motherhood is not for the faint of heart, lol!

2 comments:

prin said...

Ewwwww.... *faints*

Technodoll said...

LOL@ "spice bum"! I am so stealing that one :-D

I am not commenting on the other unmentionables though *also faints*