Skryker's World

Please keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times, don't forget to sign the release form, and remember-no refunds!

Friday, March 28, 2008

I must be tougher than I thought

I had my annual physical Wednesday, where I wanted to talk to my doc about the increase and changes in my back pain issue. Turns out I have a kidney infection.


:O


I had no idea! I thought that the extra pain higher up in my back was because I was holding myself so stiff all the time. If there were any other symptoms, I missed them. What the hell? How do you miss something like that?

And so I got scolded for waiting until my physical to come in about my back pain. *blushes* I'm under strict orders to call RIGHT AWAY if anything changes. Off to physiotherapy and to get a CT scan on my back...and the dreaded antibiotics for the infection. So far, so good in terms of allergic reactions. These ones I can take. However, they've knocked me on my ass. Of the past 48 hours I've slept 36.

I wonder how long I would have wandered around with a kidney infection? Probably until I fell over. So I have to revise my opinion of my immune system and such. I've had a cold during the kidney infection, plus my sinuses of course, and I shook off the cold plus I was still walking around. Of course, this does explain why I've been so draggy and feeling cruddy for the past couple of months.

I feel like such an idiot!

2 comments:

prin said...

Hey, bad attitude, there, Skrykey. How about, "Man, I rock, walking around with a kidney infection and sucking it up and carrying on anyway."

;)

I hope it makes you feel tons better...

Technodoll said...

You gotta remember that your tax dollahs are paying those doctors, so make them earn those pennies ;-)

Please keep us posted... hope you're better soon!